- I am loveable, and that "I love you" is not necesarily just a playground taunt.
- That I can survive a semester without going home.
- I haven't lost the touch of writing papers at the last minute; however, I might want to consider writing them earlier.
- That I can break ties with people I'd prefer to have little or no contact with.
- That I can handle a bad situation with poise and effectiveness and advocate for myself.
Five personally significant events of 2002:
- The whole Halifax trip, meeting zibblsnrt for the first time in person, and finding out how well we meshed.
- Getting into graduate school, and getting out of my house. I'm never coming back for more than a visit.
- Learning Java, as much as I want to pull my hair out over it.
- The time my group kicked it up a notch to get a project complete. Looking back on it, that was the start of a bad depressive cycle, but it felt good to pull that off.
- Touching the AXE! ...and the entire big game win.
Five things I want to do in 2003:
- See zibblsnrt again.
- Meet tanesmuti in person for the first time. Six years is just way too long to go without meeting a friend.
- Stick my neck on the line, and start making time for writing (both academic and non-academic).
- Learn to cook more meals at home.
- Do well academically. Maybe a straight A. possibly even an A+, if I get lucky.
Five things I don't want to do in 2003:
- Start hating Luns because we're sharing living space. (I've noted the tendancy to become paranoid about roommates, legacy of the Semester from Hell.)
- Flunk out of grad school or otherwise do poorly.
- Screw up a good thing I've got going with zibblsnrt
- Believe that inner critic more than I already do now.
Five people who I'd like to know better in 2003: