- Neighboorhood map of San Francisco (as seen in last night's LJ)
- Letter from the Graduate Division saying that if I finish this project, I'm clear.
- My databases layout for the project.
- My neighborhood layout for the database.
- Bumpersticker: "You measure democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists (Abbie Hoffman)"
- Van Gogh painting that jillcaligirl gave me, I think. Starry Night, of course. :)
- Notes on the Marrakethian calendar (this paper needs to be added to that file -- this is notes on year numbering)
- My dirty Cal hat and a pile of CDs (Counting Crows Films about Ghosts and Recovering the Satellites, Eric Clapton Unplugged, and some random CD)
- the box my checkbooks came in
- the desk lamp
- my bed reading lamp
- My copies of Transmetropolitan, books 1 and 2.
- Mr. Flibble!
- The three-hole punch
- A doodad holder that Dad thought was mine even though it was his
- The fan, blessed airflow giver!
- Blank CDs for when I need to burn something.
- The thermometer. It needs batteries, though.
- Various and sundry painkillers and other pills.
- The blessed cans of carbonation, that fuel hackers.
- A paper holder, when I was going to keep my printer in here.
- Pens and scratch paper, for doodling out designs.
- Electric pencil sharpener.
- Alarm clock
Yeah, so I have some project work done. If you don't want to look at the big image, the files in question are planned database table layout and neighborhoods of SF as they'll be used in the project.
Things I could use from folks, if they want to help, right now, are the following:
- I need a logo. Doesn't have to be fancy, my basic scribble just has a stickhouse next to the words "Neighborhood Project". I just can't reproduce it in digital format. This isn't crucial, it's one of the last things that can be dropped in.
- The hard part is putting the data in this sucker. If anybody can come up with lists of stores in SF and where they're located (any kind), I'd be greatly appreciative. All I need is store name and street address, I can take it from there. I'd really like grocery, drug, and hardware stores, but stuff like movie theatres could be useful too.
- Pictures! Pictures of SF are always good. If you've got any, let me know. I'd like to have at least one picture of each of the 15 neighborhoods I've got deliniated, I've got some of downtown, Castro, and Richmond in my own stash, but...more are always useful. :)
I think I've got most everything else under control.
So here goes the push to get everything done. Wish me luck, 'cause I think I'm going to need it.
Oh yeah, shiny new domain name for the project, too. http://www.neighborhoodproject.org. Thanks to jrenken who's been rather patient with me throughout this.